Saturday, May 26, 2007

Scavenger Hunt Pics

Happy Saturday everyone! I saw this invitation to join a contest/scavenger hunt on Carol's blog
http://www.knit-and-run.blogspot.com/


Here's the rules:

http://www.dorkybestfriend.typepad.com/


I'm really glad I started looking through my pictures. I've had a helluva year. Lots of travel and adventures, good and bad. The bottom line is that I was dumped both personally and professionally last year and not one of these pictures would have been taken if I hadn't been laid off and then broken up with. I can't even name all the people who have literally saved my life this year just by being there.
Off to find a street sign, a library card, to take a pic of a green ball of yarn and an ice cream truck.

Kisses and hugs to all!


A knitter other than me knitting in Public


Here's my friend Brandi from San Diego showing off all of her in progress knitting at Knit Night at Starbucks in San Diego. They're there on Monday nights at the Starbucks on Balboa and Genessee. Visit them at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/infiniteknitters/

Patty, the founder of the infinite knitters nicknamed me the itinerant knitter, but I call myself Vagabond Bettie after my South Florida knitting group, the Sweetstitchingbetties




This was my first and second socks that I ever knit. I made them when I was in training in San Diego. Brandi and I went to a local LYS and bought Plymouth Tweed to make the socks. Then we went to a great restaurant in LaJolla Cove called The Spot. We drank and ate and wound yarn. I'm not gonna talk about the different sizes of the sox except to say that I can't unravel one to make it look like the other. I was shocked that they came out so different.
A Library Card


A Ball of Green Yarn


A bicyclist
This was a bicyclist in Central Park in NYC that I saw last June. I took my first trip ever to New York City and caught this pic there.

















A Street Sign
Street signs where I live in Puerto Rico are meant as "guidelines".

A flower
I found this flower by accident in El Yunque (The Caribbean National Rainforest). My friend Fernando and I were walking along the road and not even on a trail. I think it's a type of Ginger.



















APublic Work of Art
All I know that I saw this when I was driving along Fisherman's Wharf when I was in San Francisco last September. I went to San Jose on business and took an extra day to see San Francisco. If you get the chance to travel on business, take some time and go see the sights. You can catch up on your sleep when you get home.



your reflection in an unexpected place

I attended the wedding and subsequent honeymoon of my friends Alexandra and Leo in Las Vegas in November. Alexandra and I were in San Diego for 6 months for training. They were planning a December wedding here in Puerto Rico and were not returning in time to complete the mess of paperwork and "stamp collecting" required to do anything government-wise here. So, the official ceremony was in Vegas and the church wedding was for show! We went on an excursion to Hoover Dam the day after the wedding and I took this pic of a statue's feet and mine. I love this picture.


someone in a catalog pose

Here's my friend, Ramon's best catalog pose. I hope I get extra points for the eye candy element. For anyone who would like an even better pose, post here.


A funny billboard or sign: This picture was taken in an area of Puerto Rico called Pinones. Every beach area has a bunch of different kinds of food booths (none of it healthy) called Kioskos. My daughters and I were trying to find parking when we saw this sign. Pinchos in Puerto Rican Spanish is shish-ke-bob. I love this place!




2 comments:

Carol said...

Man Cheryl, you're fast! Most excellent photos! Especially of your amigos;)

vagabond bettie said...

I still got a few more to get!

I have my fluorescent green yarn for the hallowig mounted on my crazy orange wall ready to take a pic. I also need to go out and get a stop sign, an ice cream truck and a library card before I enter.